Sunday 11 December 2011

Rongze Dai

Artist Statement---Observation

I spend most of my time to stay in my private space, maybe thinking, watching movies or staring the landscape outside the window. Maybe you will think that I spent this time doing nothing, but for me, the moment of being alone provide me an opportunity to abserve myself, abserve this world and something I concerned. I just abserved, see how everthing happened as the way they should be.

During the postgraduate study, I am intending to engage myself in the researching of relation between picture processing and internal sentiment.

At the present time, I am paying my attention to illustrate some objects or landscape, I aim to express my ways of life through them. I did not choose to use minimalism and surrealism as my artistic style deliberately, but concerning my own background, as a Chinese, I am relative conservative and restrained. Since I am not very good at expressing my inner thoughts though language and action, I signed for the ability which minimal art and surrealist art has, to see through the appearance and perceive the essence with objective point of view. I think I can show what I am unable to show by language and action through painting. Such as my subconscious, or certain viewpoint. It is not only what I am interested in currently, but also my way to let the outside world to understand my real thoughts.

In addition to this , the reason why I choose black , white and grey because I thought these color are the color in-between which is neither cold nor warm, neither negative nor possitive. I try to use these color to illustrate a "paralle world", a world which is isolated from the "real world, and it is what I feel constantly, even when I was at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment